Wednesday, March 25, 2009

D5-FINAL!!!

Okay, I thought The Book Thief was a good book and a fun read.  I liked it a lot and I will for sure recommend it to people.  Some of the things I liked the most was that it was told from Death's point of view and I have never seen that or anything like it before.  It made me think a lot more about how that influenced the way the story was told.  Also, the plot was interesting in that it was not told as a typical Holocaust story.  Most are told from a Jewish point of view whereas this one was from the point of view of a normal growing girl who lives in a normal German town.  This was good because we got to understand the hold Hitler actually had on the people of Germany, especially in the scene of his birthday. I also really enjoyed the simplicity, yet complexity of the story.  The facts of the story are fairly simple, and yet the story as a whole can be perceived in many different attitudes and ways.  Overall, the was a great book for discussions and Zusak's writing enthralled me up until the very last paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment