Saturday, March 28, 2009

Discussion #5 - Overall Reaction

Overall, I really enjoyed reading The Book Thief  and thought it was a great book. I've always enjoyed books about the Holocaust and Nazi Germany which is a reason why I chose this. The first chapters caught my attention right away because of the way Death (the narrator) described things. Death was such a unique and interesting narrator and it was nice to have a different point of view during this time period unlike other books. This book was hard to put down because something was always happening. I liked the small notes/side comments from Death and although they were a bit random at times, they helped point out important information to remember.  Another thing I enjoyed about The Book Thief was Markus Zusak's use of figurative language. Zusak helped put a picture in my mind of what was going on and makes readers feel like they are Liesel or anyone of the characters. I would recommend The Book Thief  to anyone because it has a deep meaning. Although the book is classified under the Young Adult section, I think adult readers will enjoy this book too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment