Wednesday, March 25, 2009

discussion #5

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. There were many unique aspects to the novel which made it extremely interesting to read. Throughout the story there were moments of hope, happiness, and despair. The range of emotions which I experienced was remarkable for a relatively "easy-read," and I enjoyed the book much more than I expected to. I loved that the story was written from the perspective of Death, and I really enjoyed the overall setting and time period of the novel. I am very interested in WWII and it was cool to learn about it within the context of the story. The unique writing style and use of figurative language gave the book unbelievable imagery and depth. At times I felt that the story was somewhat "dragging on," and I got bored at some parts, but the storyline kept me interested for the most part. This was definitely a fun read and it contained much more meaning than I would have anticipated. Overall, I would recommend this book to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment