Sunday, March 29, 2009

Final post

Overall I thought that The Book Thief was fantastic. One major thing I liked about it was reading it from a different point of view. I mean many books about WWII are usually based in the concentration camps; this one was just a different perspective. I also liked how the book was told from death. It gave the book a different feeling when reading it, it also made it sadder when we find out how it ends. One of the parts I liked the most was when Liesel visits the mayor’s house in the earlier part of the book. I think it’s really cool how the wife lets Liesel read their books. It just seems like it really changed Liesel. This book really made me think more about WWII in general and how unfair it was. I never really thought deeply about this topic but after reading this book I really did. Overall I thought this was a fantastic book, sad at times, but would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment