Saturday, March 28, 2009

Final Post

I loved the book! At times I though it got a little slow, but in the end I really enjoyed the good messages it sends. I learned a lot from The Book Thief. Not only historical things about the war, the holocaust, and what people in Germany during this time had to go through, but also a lot about trauma in peoples lives and how they cope with it. I also really liked reading a book where the narrator is death. While sometimes I forgot it was even him talking, other times it completely changed the way I thought about the book. It was so interesting for me to imagine what death looked like and why he said certain things, and it definitely made the book unique. The death of many of the characters I had grown to love was hard at the end, but it was what I expected. Even though I knew it was coming, it was still very sad and really made me think about how horrible stories like this happened to so many real people. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it and I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment