Thursday, March 26, 2009

Discussion #5- Overall Reaction

My overall reaction to The Book Thief was that it was a very good book. I enjoyed reading this book for many different reasons, one of them being the twist on Death being the narrator. I always love books that take place during Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. For some reason the always intrigue me, and this one did the same. I liked the little side comments throughout the book, and I especially liked the book once Max had come because it added an element of suspense. I really enjoyed the overall story and at times it was a hard book to put down. However, especially at the beginning, I felt like the story was a little slow and some parts would drag on. I loved all of the characters in the story, even Rosa, because they all added something different to the story. Something else I love about this book is that event though it is a pretty simple read; it is still very meaningful and complex in its own way. I really liked the different stories that were within the overall picture as well, such as Hans’ life with Max’s father in the past. I had heard so many great things about this book that at first I was a little disappointed when I wasn’t immediately captivated. However, as I continued reading I enjoyed it more and more. I would definitely recommend this book to others because it is an enjoyable book to read and is a wonderful story.

No comments:

Post a Comment